- General Qualifications
- Foreign Language Teacher
- Position Type
- Wage/Salary Information
- Work Authorization
- Resident Assistant
Employment with NIK|LAS may take you to some of the most amazing sites in the world; however, we demand the highest standards of effectiveness, and professionalism from all persons associated with our organization. These standards are never compromised – the quality of service given to our customers is always our top priority.
Prior experience of work with educational, travel, residential or other programs, such as school, study abroad or summer programs.
Prior experiences of work-study or travel in the country of destination (i.e. Spain, France, USA, Portugal, or Italy). Examples include travel and participation in student exchange, study or home stay programs
Language ability, we require a very good working knowledge of English.
Tremendous self- motivation, dedication, energy, and patience. We need people who are serious, professional, reliable and responsible.
We need to hire native foreign language educators and students to teach any of following foreign languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and Italian. Foreign Language Teacher for Online course.
We need to hire native foreign language educators and students to teach any of following foreign languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and Italian to every age group. Positions are available for both short and long term positions, include intern/co-op jobs.
Foreign language experience, tutoring, teaching or any teaching certificate is a great plus. Additionally, any experience teaching online course is good.
Major in Education, Liberal Arts, Continuing Education, Other, Business, Communication Studies, Performance Studies and Theater, Humanities, Journalism, Languages, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Italian.
Co-op, Internship, Part-time, Temporary.
Hours per week
10 – 18 Hours
Graduate Student, Junior. Other, Senior, Sophomore
Canadian Work Authorization, Employment (H-1) Visa, H-4 Visa, J-1 Visa (Exchange Program), J-2 Visa, L-2 Visa, Other, Permanent Resident, Student (F-1) Visa, U.S. Citizen
Associate’s, Bachelor’s, BS/MS, Certificate, Doctorate, Master’s, Other
New York, NY
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student peer leaders responsible for entire communities of students. The RA position is more than just a job; it is a leadership journey that will challenge you and offer infinite opportunities for your success and development.
The Nikitas Language Abroad Schools apartment-style community in Seville-Spain welcomes applications for the Student Resident Assistant position for the academic year.
We are strongly committed to the celebration of diversity and actively seek RAs who can serve as role models and have the ability to work with a widely diverse student population.
Our Resident Assistant provide an atmosphere that enhances the development of students while assuming responsibility for management and administration of a mixed-gender student housing 10-35 students from different universities across the globe and diverse academic focus.
Do these statements describe you?
I’m looking for an exciting leadership opportunity.
I want to share the experiences I’ve had working with groups and be a resource to others.
I am willing to learn more about what it means to work with a diverse population.
I want to be a member of, and contribute to, a staff team.
If so, consider becoming a RA!
- How does it Work ?
- What about academy obligations?
- How will I be able to Maintain Balance between Being an RA and Being a Student
- When Would I Begin the Position?
- What are the Benefits of Becoming a RA?
- When does training Take Place?
- Can I Apply for Summer Positions?
Student Resident Assistant will live in our student housing and are responsible for the living environment in student housing of 10-45 students. Specific duties include: a commitment to student interaction and mentoring; programmatic support; personal conflict intervention and crisis management; judicial administration; participating in on-call duty rotation; coordinating maintenance and facility issues; acting as liaison to students and the organization.
As a live-in staff member, the RA promotes diversity through role modeling, challenging students, and emphasizing respect; is responsible for developing activities emphasizing orientation to the city, leadership and community development from students arrival to departure dates; serves as a hearing officer for the student conduct process with full sanctioning abilities; regularly interacts with students during nights and weekends; works with maintenance staff to preserve the facilities; participates in evening and weekend duty rotation.
Newly-hired RAs are not allowed to participate in any academic course, program, internship, student teaching, fieldwork, etc. that would require their absence from job post 5 days per week during the period of employment.
As an RA, you must be enrolled in a semester or academic yearlong program in Seville as a full-time student (graduate or undergraduate).
Keep in mind that you are a student first and foremost. We also understand that you may also want to be involved in other activities or hold another job.
If you’re interested in participating in co-curricular activities or holding a job outside the RA position, you must talk with your supervisor once hired, to determine if this will be possible. The supervisor will ensure that the combination of your course load, the requirements of the position, and the requested activities or outside work, will not impair your academic progress or ability to perform the RA position.
Leadership experience! A chance to learn new skills or enhance those you already have in an international environment. Experience for your intended career path; employers know what being a RA means, so it’s a great resume builder.
NIK|LAS also provide housing, and RAs live in furnished single-room in a shared apartment. RAs in apartment housing will share an apartment with 2 – 4 other students.
RAs receive a cash stipend of $1200.00 per semester. It is typically paid out 4 times per semester (depending on when the staff member’s contract begins). It is not possible to pre-pay the RA.
A local mobile telephone with voicemail capability is provided.
We fill our summer positions from within the Spring period.
Seville – SPAIN, JAMAICA, New York – USA
YOUNG INNOVATOR PROGRAM (a practical and theoretical study Program)
• Marketing to students in Beijing, China?
• 6 ways to bring French nationals to Spain?
• Improving or adding feature to web page to improve e-commerce.
• 3 additional services that would best appeal to the Scandinavian travelers
We are seeking strong leaders, who are detailed-oriented, highly energetic, self-motivated, self-efficient, creative and well-rounded individuals to participate as a Young Innovator for each of our locations in the US, Jamaica, or Europe for 6-8 weeks.
Though, it is not a required that the Young Innovator may function as a Campus Rep, it can be essential in giving the candidate better insight of how we function as a company and the services we offer. While at the same time preparing them to better tackles the arguments of their Innovator’s proposal.
- Develop a strong, detailed paper/presentation about proposal to its completion.
- Work a 20hrs/week, along with some weekends
- Meet students at airport or train station
- Function in Customer service role in responding to questions on our services and programs via email or telephone
- Be placed on call for Emergencies at Lodging Site outside of Office hours.
- Oversees coordination, distribution and maintenance of lodging
- Serves as a primary liaison to the students
- Greets clients at lodging and handles check-in and Check-out
- Assist with the overall coordination and management of programs, including various administrative and logistical tasks, communications and transport, this may include driving.
- Respond to unforeseen circumstances and emergencies with customers and supporting your staff team
- May participate in various program activities and events, such as, excursions, evening outings, etc
- • Demonstrated ability to be both creative and detail-oriented when planning
- • Possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- • Experience working with young adults or student organizations; examples include volunteering with youth-oriented programs, tutoring or mentoring young adults, serving as a leader in Student Government or with a fraternity or sorority, or serving as a Resident Assistant in a college dorm.
- • Language Ability: we require good knowledge of English. For non-English locations, the selected candidate will possess at least basic working knowledge of the local language.
- • Studies: Economics, Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Business, Management, Hospitality or Tourism
- • Valid Driver’s license a plus.
- Experience traveling abroad, especially in the country of interest
- Experience, living and working in an international environment
- Lodging: Shares an apartment with one other Young Innovator or Intern
- Language study: 3-6 weeks of language preparation in the local language school with Certification at completion**
- Stipend: A typical weekly stipend is $140 -190
- Learn and practice a foreign language in an international environment
- Apply classroom learning to a professional project
- Receive recommendation letter from Director at the end of the program
**Language courses are provided as needed